Does my business need a mobile app?
This is one of the most critical questions any business owner should ask themselves before looking into apps for business. There are a lot of benefits to mobile apps but not every business is right for one. Or should it be there is an app for every business but choosing the right one makes all the difference in the world. There is a post from Forbes called, Does your business need an app They get into details and make it a bit confusing to the average business owner that just wants the facts about what an app can do for their business.
What kind of app is right for my business
Well there are apps that will require a great deal of programing and coding that could cost a lot of money meaning anywhere from $3,000.00 to upwards of $20K depending on how much data you may need to involve with your app to make it functional and beneficial to your customers. Remember the end result of any app is to create a easy and or fun experience for your customers to do business with you.
Of course there are less expensive apps that can do the tasks required of some businesses actually a lot of businesses. A good example is a restaurant, these apps are very useful and customer friendly as far as the user experience and productivity of them. I am a developer myself and have started adding apps to my marketing campaigns for local businesses. Using these affordable apps is very productive as much as effective for a restaurant. These apps allow the restaurant to communicate to every customer that downloads the app.
Providing benefits such as:
- One click calling to the establishment
- Viewing their full menu
- QR Code permotions and Deals
- Access to special promotions only for customers that have the app
- Check in Deals that create a viral effect
- Sharing via Social Media, SMS or email
- Placing orders in the app / This could require additional costs unless done via email.
- One of the major features being Push notifications
This is a short list of the features and benefits of a Restaurant / Pub App and there are even more fun and social functions that can increase the use of a business app. Being able to communicate with your customers is a great way to increase repeat business, growing and rewarding your loyal customers. When you have a local establishment like a restaurant or pub the benefits are outright amazing. A business app for restaurants can run from a low end of $1200 to $2000 depending on the amount of content provided.
What is the statistics of mobile web compared to desktop internet use.
You would be surprised at the rate mobile web access is growing and soon to surpass desktop access to the internet. I actually just checked on this today for my own website and found that 64% of my web traffic came from mobile! This is a lot considering a lot of stats out there say mobile use is about 40% of internet access. Let’s take a look Here’s some stat’s provided by Blog.HubSpot.com
- 91% of mobile internet access is for social activities, versus just 79% on desktops. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- Over 1/3 of Facebook’s users access Facebook Mobile; 50% of Twitter’s users use Twitter Mobile. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- QR code scans increased 300% in 2011 compared to 2010. (Source: ScanLife)
- 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get coupons. (Source:Microsoft Tag)
Or Check out this infographic photo from Microsoft Tag
With Statistics like these it is hard to ignore any mobile marketing and should be a clear indication how beneficial mobile and apps are for your business.
I guess it’s not a matter of should you choose an app for your business but more of when will you choose an app for your business. There are enough options with pricing to make it possible for just about any business to acquire an app. So why not be a leader in your industry and have an app created for your business. You will be spreading a message to your customers that you care about them and want to give them the best experience possible when it comes to your business. Although there is all this information and growth in the App industry there is still a long way to go and not every business has there own app yet. So you will be considered a leader in most cases which is always good for business.
Latest posts by Chris Picanzo (see all)
- Attack of the Flags on the Brooklyn Bridge. How safe are we? - July 23, 2014
- 10 Must Know Changes On The New Facebook Page Design - July 22, 2014
- New WordPress 3.9 Update Review A+ - April 17, 2014